A Day in the Life
The Director of People Experience, USA is responsible for the successful execution of strategic projects and implementations related to scalable solutions, while ensuring the smooth running of the day-to-day requirements of the People Experience (Human Resources) Team. Accountable for a delegated Leadership team, with a big impact, this role is imperative to our organizational success as we continue to grow and find creative solutions for our Team members and our Clients. Best practices, with a solutions focused mindset, are at the forefront as we look to continue to add square footage around North America.
The Director of People Experience, USA will be accountable for: total compensation, safety, legislative compliance, onboarding, employee relations and spearheading retention initiatives across NRI’s 8 USA based facilities, located in multiple states (and growing), consisting of approximately 1000 team members. The Director of People Experience, USA will require collaborating with internal stakeholders and third-party vendors, to deliver specified requirements and objectives within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost. They will partner with leadership across all lines of business to ensure improvements in metrics, financial performance, and employee engagement. They will be expected to deliver measurable results while leading change management efforts to build support and buy-in from team members and leadership teams.
All About You
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- A genuine curiosity of how things work and an ability to work collaboratively to find creative solutions.
- A servant leadership mindset.
- Excellent technical capabilities, inclusive of HRIS experience and proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong internal and external client service orientation.
- Ability to be hands on, in the Distribution Center – cooperate & collaborate through influence.
- Ability to bring cross-functional teams together to collaborate on projects.
- Strong attention to detail, time management and analytical skills.
- Winning boldness and team development.
- Sense of urgency.
The Must Haves:
- Must be an NRI employee in good standing (i.e., good attendance, performance, no PIPs in last 3 months)
- Must make current Manager aware of your interest and have their approval PRIOR to applying
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- 5+ years of senior level Human Resources experience in a growing organization required.
- Managed multi sites operations a plus.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally for business purposes and be mobile to work at multiple facilities.
- Must have physical ability to carry out essential job functions, including but not limited to, walking, and standing, climbing ladders/stairs, and working around equipment in a safety sensitive environment.
Things You Will be Doing
The responsibilities of this highly visible role within the organization include:
- Oversees the administration of human resource programs including but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and occupational health, safety, and wellness.
- Design and develop an effective succession planning process to ensure management and professional readiness, through training and development, to meet the growth plans of the business.
- Create a performance-driven culture through the development and implementation of consistent performance management coaching and counseling techniques.
- Act as a liaison between internal departments—managing projects and timelines from inception to completion.
- Provide detailed updates to management through both written and verbal communication.
- Manage risks and their impact and create awareness of risks with internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as a coach and mentor to management across the USA along with the Managers that report to this role (Safety Manager, USA and People Experience Manager’s in Southern California and Pennsylvania).
- Work with your Canadian counterpart, and the VP of People Experience, to embed consistent processes across North America operations.
- Identify and mitigate barriers to successful execution and escalates as appropriate.
- Incorporate best practices to design and deliver measurable improvements.
- Review and monitor Plans vs Actual while tracking, managing, and reporting out KPIs.
- Manages compensation philosophy and structure to ensure pay rates support hiring and retention objectives; works with stakeholders to manage internal equity on an ongoing basis.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement new technology solutions.
- Develops and manages departmental budget.
- Develop and maintain process documents (SOP’s, etc.).
NRI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.Apply