The Senior Software Developer brings unique expertise and top-notch software design and implementation skills while working closely with other software team members providing them technical direction and vision in planning the design, development and troubleshooting high quality software. They are a relentless problem solver who improves the overall warehouse management system (WMS) product and plays a crucial role in helping our organization continue to thrive. We’ll provide training in our processes, codebase, and domain, but you’ll be expected to hit the ground running and deliver value quickly. This is not an entry level role.
We are a tight knit software development team spread across North America. We work according to Agile principals and highly value creativity, quality and automation.
We’re more interested in what you can do than where you are. This is a remote opportunity but you must be authorized to work in Canada to apply for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Demonstrate leadership and accountability at every level.
- Embrace personal ownership of the product and codebase. Leave every module a little better than you found it. Fix the roots of problems instead of patching over the symptoms.
- Take the initiative and set an example of development excellence. Have the confidence to chase ambitious solutions, champion new ideas and lead the way to a brighter, easier tomorrow.
2. Design and develop new software enhancements to our in-house WMS.
- Architect new features with industry best practices and design patterns to deliver scalable, maintainable solutions. Validate and refine your code through rigorous peer review, unit testing and automated integration tests.
- As a senior developer, take pride in being a skilled software craftsperson. Create well reasoned, clean, easy to understand code. Find the sweet spot on the effort/value curve and surf that wave to success.
3. Investigate and resolve system problems for the WMS, debugging through system monitors/telemetry and log analysis and troubleshooting.
4. Ensure quality and security is baked into every step of the development process. Collaborate with developers and QA specialists to ensure that new code meets our “Definition of Done” and is well covered with appropriate unit and automated integration tests.
5. Collaborate with the other members of the team through group discussions (stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospective) as well as one on one (pair programming, training, mentoring).
6. Perform other duties as requested.
Education & Experience
- Impressive experience in high-quality software development in .NET language (VB,C++, C#, ASP, etc). Accomplishments, leadership and mastery of skills are more important than years, but most developers would need at least 3 years in the industry to acquire the skills we need.
- Comfortable in a Scrum/Kanban environment with emphasis on continuous delivery, automated testing, pair programming and rigorous peer review.
- Microsoft Azure cloud development experience is a PLUS.
- Experience in software architecture design or database administration and automation is a PLUS.
- Staff purchase program – wear the brands you love!
- Staff benefits plan – choose the benefits that are right for you!
- Flexible and fun work environment – work hard and play hard!
- Internal opportunities – we believe in growing our own!
NRI Distribution is a specialist in providing North American logistics services to apparel, footwear, equipment, and accessories manufacturers in the outdoor, action sports, fashion and lifestyle industries. We are champions in both wholesale and ecommerce fulfillment. At NRI a high level of service is a MUST, while providing an enjoyable and freedom-centric workplace to our team members. Both the Client and our team member experience is very important to us!