A Day in the Life
As a casual Forklift Operator, you will play an important part of the team by assisting in order picking, let downs, replenishment and supporting all departments in meeting their goals. You’ll be working with products from awesome clients that are heavily involved in the active lifestyle. We are currently hiring for the following shifts
- Shift (7AM - 3:30 PM) OR (2:30pm-11pm)
The casual positions are 40 hours per week and may include overtime. We do have an anticipated layoff period at December end. We pick up again for the Spring season so we will be recalling everyone who is temporarily laid off.
*This is a casual/part time position for the first three months, with a possibility of full time position afterwards*
All About You
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Ability to learn our basic warehouse management scanning system (WMS)
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Has the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Trustworthy and moral character
The Must Haves:
- 3+ months of forklift experience on an order/cherry picker is preferable but not a must
- Must have physical ability to carry out essential job functions, including but not limited to, the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., walking and standing for extended periods, climbing ladders/stairs, and tolerating conditions such as dust, dirt, noise, odors, heat, cold, etc.
Things You Will be Doing
- Operating specific motorized warehouse machinery like forklifts, order/cherry picker, reach truck, electric pallet-jacks.
- Receiving, replenishments, shipping, scanning, and cycle counting along with other general warehouse duties
- Following NRI safety rules, safety procedures, security protocol and standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Keeps work and storage areas in a safe, clean, and tidy condition at all times
- Staff purchase program – wear the brands you love!
- Staff benefits plan – chose the benefits that are right for you!
- Internal opportunities – we believe in growing our own!
NRI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.